When I was younger I did not have a healthy or active lifestyle. I learned and build everything from scratch.
Today, I teach people my signature strategy using a no-BS approach, so they can successfully build their own sustainable physiques.
Sports dietitian | Strength Coach | Anthropometrist
BSc Sports Dietetics, NSCA-CPT, ISAK 1
Angela is a very experienced, skilled and caring coach. She has made it her mission to help people build their sustainable physiques with a no-BS approach. She’ll use her science-based strategies and methods to teach you how to change your relationship with food, training and your body. You’ll learn how to sustainably alter your body composition and how to progress over time. Angela is very passionate about the human body, mindset, nutrition and strength training. Her valuable coaching techniques often motivate people to completely reinvent themselves, leading to sustainable lifestyle changes.
2019-2020 Post-HBO (Top) athletes and eating disorders –
Psydi Scholingen voor Professionals
– Signaling on time
– How to deal with the physical risks
– Advice on nutrition and training intensity
– Weight classes and growth curves for young athletes
– Consultation with other disciplines such as trainers/coaches,
physical therapist and sports doctor.
2018-2019 Post-HBO Lifestyle coaching for dietitians – Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
– Inform: designing and executing interventions aimed at optimizing
a healthy lifestyle (Activity, smoking, liquor and relaxation)
– Treating: Based on an analysis of clients making a diagnosis
concerning activity, smoking, alcohol and relaxation & designing a
– Coaching: Guiding and coaching for behavioural changes in activity,
smoking, alcohol and relaxation based on MGV.
2017-2018 Post-HBO Treating eating disorders
– Knowledge of the different kinds of eating disorders and the ability to
– Knowledge of having the right attitude in conversations and being able
to apply this skill.
– Knowledge and skills for designing a treatment plan and executing it.
This includes calculating nutrition, keeping possible issues as refeeding
in mind, and assessment of growth curves in youths.
– Knowledge of possible psychiatric comorbidity.
– Knowledge of recognizing dysfunctional thoughts about nutrition,
weight and self-reflection in a patient.
– the ability to recognize function and meaning of the dysfunctional
behaviour in a patient and to discuss this together.
2017-2018 ISAK level 1 Measuring body composition following international protocol, The International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry, Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen
– Basic anatomy
– Tools and calibration
– Methods of measuring body composition
– Somatotype and calculation
– Creating insight on mistakes in measuring
– Body composition in sports
2017-2018 International conference by NOC*NSF on sports nutrition
International Leaders in sports performance conference, NOC*NSF Papendal- The future of sports nutrition
– Periodization of nutrition for performance
– Dietary protein to support muscle and strength gains and plant-based
– Vitamin D levels in athletes
2016-2017 Post-HBO Specialization in sports dietetics – Hereafter to be called Sports dietitian (protected title), Hogeschoolvan Amsterdam Specialization in nutrition for professional athletes with integration of:
– Clinical sports nutrition
– Exercise physiology
– Training theory
– Basic sports nutrition
– Nutrition and activity
– Weight and fat percentage
– Sport-focused case studies on nutrition and activity
– Sport psychology
– Doping and supplements
– Research/Evidence Based Medicine
– Multidisciplinary collaboration
2012-2016 Bachelor of Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Hereafter to be called dietitian (protected title)
– Nutrition of the Healthy Human
– Foods (composition and qualities)
– Lifestyle diseases
– Nutritional physiology
– Research skills
– Dietary consultation
– Cardio Vascular Risk Management (the consequences of
eating too much and having too little activity: cardio-vascular diseases)
– Evidence Based Action (nutritional care based on the needs and
possibilities of the client and scientifically based knowledge)
2015-2016 Certified Zumba instructor
– Skills in creating a dancing and fitness class
– Skills in creating aerobics choreographies
– Skills in dancing and fitness experience
– Basic dance elements: salsa, meringue, cumbia, bachata, reggaeton
2015-2016 Medic First Aid Europe (MFA, AED)
2015-2016 International Strength & Conditioning Association Certified Personal Trainer NSCA-CPT
– Assessing the medical history and health; assessing fitness; Basic nutrition evaluation. Planning. Setting goals; designing a training schedule; adapting training; special populations. Training techniques. Machine resistance exercises; exercises with free weights; flexibility exercises; callisthenic and body weight exercises; sports specific and performance related activities; cardio vascular machines; non-machinal cardio vascular activities; Alternative training activities. Safety, emergency procedures and legal issues, Emergency procedures; Emergency help; Professional, legal and ethical responsibility.
2014-2015 course Direct accessibility dietetics – screening process and communication to the client and doctor/paramedic.
2008-2012 Bachelor of Design Fashion design and communication, Hogeschool voor de kunsten Utrecht
2002-2008 Atheneum + Trajecto Español Het Amsterdams Lyceum
2016-present Body Masters
– nutrition, dietetics, (sports)dietetics:
professional athletes, overweight, obesity, eating disorders, pregnancy
– personal training
– measuring body composition
– workshops, lectures and articles
2015-2017 David Lloyd Amsterdam
– Fitness coach
– Personal Trainer
– Nutritional expert and dietitian
2015-2016 Dietitian practice Stay2Balance Zaandam
– Set up new dietitian practice
– Development website
– Developing promotional materials
– Dietetics, namely: overweight, obesity, DM II, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia.
2013-2014 Marqt Amsterdam
– Product branding
– Food styling and photography
– Product partner communication
2013-2014 Sint Lucas Andreas Hospital
– Screening of malnutrition
– Dietetic consult
2013-2014 Academic Medical Centre (AMC)
– Chronic kidney failure
– Screening of malnutrition
– Dietetic consult
2018 David Lloyd Amsterdam
Lecture and workshop- macronutrients
– calculating energy
– diets like the keto diet, intermittent fasting, sport fasting
– often occurring cases
2018 Joya Amsterdam Lecture on plant-bases nutrition and sports for among other Bloggers
Go with the Glow
2018 BOLS Amsterdam Workshop and seminar
Healthy nutrition in combination with working as a catering professional
What is healthy nutrition?
The importance of carbohydrates
Complete meal and which meals matter?
Planning nutrition around work
2018 Vegan Foods Festival Westergasfabriek Amsterdam Lecture about plant-based nutrition and strength sports
with the integration of
– BCAA-rich nutrition
– Timing of protein
– Energy balance
– Training principles
and an explanation of basic training principles for hypertrophy (muscle growth)
During the Linda festival I was available as a dietitian for a free consultation.
Article about how to set up for succes when you’re the only one in your household trying to lose weight.
Article about if the sweet potato is worth the hype
2018 Women’s Health – January
Article about smart strength training. How supersets burn more calories with specific exercises.
2018 Healthy Hospo
E-book 1 & 2. Two e-books for catering professionals about how to create a full menu for the day, how to deal with temptations and information about popular subjects like soy, coconut oil and sport fasting. Available in English as a member of: https://healthyhospo.com
2016 HvA Kennisbank:
Optimizing the assessment of nutritional status in children: would a growth curve based on lean body mass (index) help?
BNN Filemon Slaat Door:
Nutritional guidance and weight management for Ajouad El Miloudi in preparation of a kickboxing match.